Friday, April 2, 2010

Fashion Flashback Friday



The flashback this week surrounds our fashion memories. You may elaborate on your childhood Easter fashionsand/or share about styles in general. What fashions were popular when you were growing up? (Any time from birth to high school graduation) What did you beg to wear? What style did you happily embrace that you now look back and think, "Ugh! Whatever possessed me to wear that? ( Of course, pictures would be great - the more hideous embarrassing, the better!) Have any of these come back into style? What have you worn that you vowed you never would? (You can also include hairstyles in your walk down Memorial Fashions Lane!)

This will be short.
I grew up in the 90s. My favourite outfit was a matching tights and tshirt combo that was white with very colourful dalmatian spots on it and the 101 Dalmatians on the front of the tshirt. I don't have a picture for you, but I think you can probably imagine for yourself the amazingness of it!
I am sad to say that the wearing of tights as pants is back. I am not a fan.

I also grew up wearing stirrup pants. Which I am thankful to say have not returned. I hope it stays that way! Stirrups was a BIG mistake!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you participated! I totally agree with the tights and stirrup pants sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to break it to you but I definitely saw several pairs of stirrup pants last time I was at the mall. And yes, I was at the mall in THIS decade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda - Tights are not pants. It's as simple as that :)

    Amanda- That hurts. I have heard of rumours from friends with small children that they had seen it, but that was in Regina. I was hoping it wouldn't be spread out of the Praries!

    ReplyDelete