Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
Ew. So yeah...not a fan. Also not a fan of the creme filled eggs. Caramel for me please!
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
Being myself in front of a crowd. When I'm given a character it's easy, but when it's me I'm so nervous! I have a pre-show ritual that I
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?
I love the rain…sometimes. I love the first rain after it's been dry and yucky. The smell, especially after the first neighbour mows their lawn, is awesome!
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
If this is in the future, my child's face. If it is now, umm…
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
Well I have had both. Still have the tattoo, but had to take out the nose ring. I would love to have the nose ring back, and am planning another tattoo. Piercings and tattoos are addicting; it's true.
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
I will be working, so I will be hiding easter eggs and making special easter baskets for my "kids".
Cadbury for me. Reese for my roommate.
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
A rosebush that was just starting to bud.
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
I am currently reading Grow Great Grub by Gayla Trail (YouGrowGirl) It's awesome and I can't wait to go home and start some seeds!
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
EVERYTHING! I hate organizing and cleaning! I like having things clean, just not the actual cleaning it myself part. Probably just the starting. Yep starting spring cleaning is the hardest. Or maybe the finishing….since technically we started but haven't finished yet.
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
12. Which color makes you happiest?
Blue. Either a rich sky blue, or a slightly tealy sky blue. Also yellow.
And there's another Random Dozen! Come back for the month of April as I attempt blogging everyday! This month's theme is BIG!
Monday, March 29, 2010
My roommate and I have decided to attempt growing our own veggies and herbs on our balcony. I have been thinking about it for awhile, since my dad is an avid gardner. Karen, over at Chookooloonks, recommended Gayla Trail's, You Grow Girl, new book Grow Great Grub on this post, for growing your own food in a small space. Today as I was walking through Chapters, after surviving a torrential downpour of rain on the way from the car door to the store door, I happened across her book. I was wandering around hoping the rain would stop enough for me to head back to the car and there it was, calling out to me, as a featured book in the aisle. I kinda got a little bit more than a little bit excited! Even though I don't personally know Karen or Gayla, it was almost like seeing a friend's book for the first time. I imagine I will be even more excited when I get Karen's book when it comes out, as I have been following her blog throughout her whole writing/taking pictures process.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
What was Easter like when you were little? For example, did you receive a basket with toys and candy? Was the Easter Bunny part of your family's celebration? Did your family integrate both secular and spiritual aspects of the day? Did you dye Easter eggs. . . .and did your family eat them afterwards? Did you usually get a new outfit? (Post a picture if you have one!) Does any Easter stand out particularly? You might also share how your Easter today is similar or different to your childhood.
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring?
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day?
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year?
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant?
5. What is your least favorite insect?
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand?
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)?
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite?
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I was betrayed tonight. It hurt more than I could have imagined. My heart just isn't quite as ready to let go as my head is.
My client and I were on our way to her gymnastics class, and I drove past "the house." I ended up tearing up and getting all heart achey.
What is "the house?" A few weeks before my ex and I broke up we drove past this amazing old farm house. It's yellow and has a wrap around porch and although is a major fixer-upper is pretty much the house I have dreamt about since I was a little girl. Anyway, we started joking about "one day" stuff like how the house would be great with all the land, and a dog, and a couple of kids...etc... Now this is pretty awkward stuff considering we really hadn't been together long, but it just felt natural. We even ended up, very awkwardly at this point, arguing over which is a cuter name for a little girl, Madison or Madelyn, which would be shortened to Maddy. Anyway, long story short, I had, after a 2 year friendship/crush and a few months dating, fallen hard. When it ended I was pretty hurt. But in the last month I have done a pretty good job of convincing my head that it was all for the best. All of it. The friendship, the relationship and the break up. I learned a lot both about myself and what I am ultimately looking for.
This video/song is my amazing friend Jen Miller. She wrote this song today. I'm kinda loving it.
Oh and on a cute sidenote: My client has autism, and generally doesn't notice other people's emotions. When we were at the park, I was getting a little misty eyed, she looked at me and said "[Renee] sad" and then promptly ran to the playground. It put a little smile on my face for the rest of the evening.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Skip any questions you don't feel comfortable answering.
1. Last beverage→ [cheap] Champagne with green tea chai apple juice
2. Last phone call→ received from my friend Stephen. trying to get together...eventually.
3. Last text message→ Shaun
4. Last song you listened to→ Something on Jen's computer ??
5. Last time you cried→ not including crying from onions or wind? probably a couple of weeks ago. wow that's actually kind of surprising!
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice → yes
7. Been cheated on? → yes
8. Kissed someone & regretted it? yes
9. Lost someone special?→ Yes
10. Been depressed?→ Yes
11. Been drunk and threw up? → unfortunately yes
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS:
16. Made new friends → Yes
17. Fallen out of love → Yes
18. Laughed until you cried → Yes
19. Met someone who changed you → Yes
20. Found out who your true friends were → Yes
21. Found out someone was talking about you → Yes
22. Kissed anyone on your friends list→ Yes
23. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life → All but one...but that will change eventually.
24. How many kids do you want to have→ 2. 3 if I have twins.
25. Do you have any pets? → Sort of. I have a cat, Zacch, who lives in foster care in Kamloops with a really nice family :)
26. Do you want to change your name→ My last name, eventually.
27. What did you do for your last birthday→ I had dinner with a friend. No big parties.
28. What time did you wake up today → 9:25!!! I got to sleep in! It was amazing! I didn't get out of bed til 10:30 though!
29. What were you doing at midnight last night → sleeping
30. Name something you CANNOT wait for → Right now...returning/finishing school. Having a real job/career. Meeting MR Right-for-me and getting married! oh and a baby. I want a baby. They are just so cute! haha
31. Last time you saw your father→ March 2. I went home for a week :)
32. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life→ Too many to list.
33.What are you listening to right now? → No music, but Cake Boss is on TV
34. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom→ I have talked to a Thomas. Does that count? I've also been in the presence of Tom Welling, although I never spoke to him. He did brush up against me while passing though...
35. What's getting on your nerves right now? → My contacts are drying out...
36. Most visited webpage → Facebook
37. What's your name→ Robyn Renee
38. Nicknames→ Bob, SweetPea, Rob, Bobyn, husband.
39. Relationship Status → Single
40. Zodiac sign → Aries
41. Male or female or transgendered → female
42. Elementary→ NOYB
43. Middle School → NOYB
44. High school→ NOYB
45. Hair color → dark brown
46. Long or short → medium. It's shoulder length
47. Height → 5' 8"
48. Do you have a crush on someone? → Why yes I do! :)
49: What do you like about yourself? → My eyes. And my ability to withstand a lot.
50. Piercings → 2 in my left ear, 3 in my right, navel, and I used to have my nose pierce, but not anymore...one day again.
51. Tattoos → Right foot. The words "Spoken For" in a fancy script, and another in the planning stages.
52. Righty or lefty → Righty, although any sports that involve my feet I am "lefty"
53. First surgery → I was 2 I think? I had tubes put in my ears.
54. First piercing → Ears. I was 7
55. First best friends → Tara and Tracey. My oldest and lifelong friends!
56. First sport you joined → Figure Skating
57. First pet→ We had a dog and a cat.
58. First vacation→ Other than camping and such...Hawaii for my 13th birthday
59. First concert → Relient K, in Terrace, back before anybody really knew who they were.
60. First crush → Isaac. closely followed by Brent
61. Eating → nothing...although now I really want a cinnamon bun from my trip to Ikea earlier today.
62. Drinking → nothing.
63. I'm about to → go to sleep
64. Listening to → still nothing.
65. Waiting for → this to be done so I can go to bed...
YOUR FUTURE :
66. Want kids? → definitely yes!
67. Want to get married? → definitely yes!
68. Careers in mind→ Special Ed teacher, Highschool English/Drama teacher and eventually maybe Stay-at-home-mom? or at least for a little while.
IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
69. Lips or eyes → eyes
70. Hugs or kisses → Kisses are great, but I love a good hug!
71. Shorter or taller → Taller.
72. Older or Younger → I guess it doesn't matter as long as they're somewhere close to being on the same page as me.
73. Romantic or spontaneous → Both!
74. Nice stomach or nice arms → If I can only choose one...stomach
75. Sensitive or loud → There's a right time and place for both of those.
76. Hook-up or relationship → Relationship.
77. Trouble maker or hesitant → Hesitant. I'm tired of bad boys.
HAVE YOU EVER :
78. Kissed a stranger → ahhh....kinda? I kinda knew him :)
79. Drank hard liquor → yes
80. Lost glasses/contacts → haha yeah! I lost a pair of glasses somewhere in Banff.
81. Sex on first date → Nope
82. Broken someone's heart → yep. it sucks.
83. Had your own heartbroken → Too many times!
84. Been arrested → Not yet... :)
86. Turned someone down →yes
87. Cried when someone died → Yes
88. Liked a friend that is a girl? → like LIKE like? I have thought girls were attractive, but not in a "I like you" kind of way.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
89. Yourself → Most of the time
90. Miracles → yes.
91. Love at first sight → Attraction at first site yes, love at first sight no.
92. Heaven → 100% yes.
93. Santa Clause → no
95. Kiss on the first date? → no. not anymore. You have to work for it boys! This girl's heart is guarded!
96. Angels → yes
97. Ghosts → it's hard to say. yes and no.
98. Is there one person you want to be with right now? → yes
99. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? → yes. I was young and stupid.
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? → Yes
Well, now apparently you know all about me. :P If you actually read through this all congrats! No get out of here! and don't forget to comment if you decide to be crazy and do this too!
Friday, March 19, 2010
When was your first date? You can choose either your first date ever or your first date with your spouse - or both! How old were you?