Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let Me Introduce You To...Jen Miller

Who is Jen Miller?
According to her website she

... is one of the most honest song writers i've ever met. She speaks earnestly about reconciliation, peace, and sacrifice. She has passion in her lyrics that most artists work their whole life to achieve. Jen doesn't only capture her audience with her lyrics, but with her incredibly addictive melodies. I played a show with Jen and found myself, involuntarily, humming the melody for two weeks straight. Jen is a very sincere person, and her music mirrors her life

-Derek Kehler


To me Jen is my best friend, my roommate, and my "wife."


Jen and I first met in the summer of 2007. I was looking for a place to live and found her ad on Craigslist. After meeting up, she actually chose someone else for the room. Days later her other roommate decided to leave, and I got a phone call saying that if I wanted it I could move in. So less than a month later I was driving down to Vancouver in Brent's truck (more on him and his awesome wife in a future post). Jen and I clicked as soon as I let her in. Throughout the next few months we talked about moving out of the house and finding our own place. When spring came we decided to part ways. We unknowingly moved into the SAME BUILDING on the other side of the city, actually in another city, a floor apart. Coincidence? or God just telling us we were meant to be together? After living separately for a year, we moved back in together. It's been a year and we are finally making our place "home." (Again, more on that later) We have been through a lot together in the past three years. She has been my list Purolator ening ear, my shoulder to cry on and all of those other cheesy lines :)


So why should you know Jen, other than the fact that she is one of the most incredible people you will ever meet? She is an amazing musical artist. My family fell in love with her music before they met her, and then were lucky enough to be the first people to have her new so far unreleased album. Just check out her website or youtube page and you can see for yourself. After you do that come back here and let me know what your favourite song is. Always Be is one of my favs, partly because Jen sang it to my last boyfriend changing the words a bit. Very humorous!



To clarify the "wife" bit: she is my "heterosexual life partner" as some friends would put it. We just click, and through living

together for the better part of the last 3 years we have fallen into some "husband/wife" roles. I love her :)

1 comment:

  1. Jen is pretty darn awesome ;) I don't mind having her for a cousin-in-law at all heh.

    ReplyDelete