Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Dozen



1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
Yes, but just once. Last summer I forgot to return a book before heading to work at camp for the summer. It was kind of funny, since I used to BE the "library police!"
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I purchase whatever I need, and leftovers get thrown into my closet.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Nope, thankfully.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Ummm...honestly I'm embarrassed to say that I had to google "Barry Manilow songs" So from looking at the list, I enjoy quite a few, but can not decide to choose just one.
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
A few Halloweens ago I was a Jason victim. The special effect makeup was pretty stellar. People were coming up to me from one side asking me why I didn't dress up, and I would turn around and they would recoil in disgust. It was awesome!
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Thesaurus
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
Fruit. Especially in a smoothie or juice form. Or just fresh and cold!
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Nope, but I am tempted to get the Snuggie.
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
haha yes. My bedroom window goes out to our deck. In the summer it's easier to just jump back and forth rather then walk around to the living room.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. I believe in attraction at first sight, but love grows overtime.
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
I wear 3 pairs regularly, but I own 5 or 6 I think.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
It would be a wardrobe of clothes complete with shoes and handbags. Lots of clothes, shoes and handbags! and sunglasses.

And there's another Random Dozen! As always if you want to join in the fun head over to 2nd Cup of Coffee!

9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers. Love your library answer, how funny!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers! I also did not know who Barry Mantalow was! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I enjoyed reading your post too. I had to look up Barry Manilow too, though I had heard his name. Love to see your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh cool sounding cake! I also googled Barry Manilow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now why didn't I think of a handbag cake? LOL. Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn-

    I've enjoyed reading your responses to Random Dozen. It's a terrific meme. I've always liked a good meme and now I have started my own. We just started a new meme called "Wednesday Wickedness" and will post on Tuesday afternoons. You are welcome to do it on Tuesdays, if you do only one meme a day! We are up and posted now. Each week we pick a famous person and find 10 quotes. Then each question is based on the quotes! This week is George Clooney. Check us out at http://jjatww.blogspot.com.

    Thanks!
    Janera

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good answers. Cool idea for the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers!
    I think your Halloween custom must be awesome!
    I love your idea on the cake. WOW
    Mine is here
    Happy Thursday!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete