Friday, November 19, 2010

30DOT: Judgement

Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Please read the whole way through and don't judge on the first couple of sentences.

I am a Christian, thus I believe that the Bible is truth. The Bible says in both the old (Leviticus 18:22) and the new (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) testaments that homosexuality is a sin. Just going by that alone, I would have to say that homosexuality is wrong. I was raised to believe that marriage is for a man and a woman who love each other deeply and are committing their lives to each other.

BUT! If I believe that the Bible is truth than I also have to believe the other verses such as Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:37, and Romans 14:1-13 which all command us to not judge are also true. So who am I to judge whether one persons "sins" are greater than my "sins."

I believe that people should be accepted for who they are, not for what they look like, where they are from, who they love. I believe that people should be able to marry whomever they want. Canada and the USA both claim to be free nations, but how can they be when people are not free to be themselves?

Tomorrow's Truth: Religion

No comments:

Post a Comment